An Occupation of Adaptation
This week I decided, after having practiced the basics enough, to try an actual anatomy structure, the heart. Looking for tutorial videos on this subject proved harder than I thought because the vast majority of them were either too simplistic or far too anatomically incorrect. The one I ended up using was close enough to the real thing for the purposes of this activity. The one issue with it was that it was extremely sped up with no walk-through dialogue. I had not yet attempted to adapt the drawings I watched into my own version of the image so it was a new challenge for me.
Ever since I began this journey, my occupation has definitely changed my well-being for the better. By giving me a creative outlet and learning new skills along the way, I get to feel a sense of confidence, accomplishment, and encouragement with each new image. I have seen that developing new talents and interests is not only possible for me, but also a welcome addition to my ever-developing sense of self. It shows me that my identity as a person is not forever stagnant, as I always have a choice about who I want to become.
Now, check out this week's masterpiece! I worked really HEART on it.



Kelly that is a really good picture, I am seriously impressed! I have also found that my wellbeing to be improved while finding a creative outlet. It is really cool to see how the when our occupational balance is more in alignment we tend to be much happier. Thinking about the 7 personal factors, how do you feel like these fulfills them? I know for me even though sewing is something I do alone, I have found when I tell people that I am trying to learn how to sew, they connect their own stories and it strikes up really good conversations, which really boost the companionship portion. Again, I am so impressed with your drawing!!
ReplyDeleteDang those look amazing. I draw myself and I've always felt that anything relating to anatomy would be hard because people see pictures so often that they know what it should look like. The expectations are higher :) How long have you been drawing and what is the hardest thing to draw?
ReplyDelete